Monday, March 16, 2009
Games this weekend
This weekend the softball team traveled to Bowie State University near Washington D.C. and Davis & Elkins College in West Virginia. We did well against Bowie State beating them in both games, with several of our younger players having key plays or hits. We also did well against Davis & Elkins-- but only in the first game; the score was ended at 10-1 due to the mercy rule. That right there makes me furious that we ended up laying down and letting them beat us the second game 5-4. We start off well at first, and then I guess we think since we crushed them the first game the second game will be the same, not matter how much effort we do or do not put in. I was excited to hopefully get a win against Edinboro tomorrow (Tuesday) and put that D&E game far behind us, but it got cancelled for some reason and rescheduled for Saturday, April 4th. In a way it was good for us to have an eye opening game like we did against D&E so early in the season... hopefully we all learned something from it, I know I did.. and remember it for future games. Our team looks very strong this year and it'd be a shame if we didn't go far because of instances like that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment