Tuesday, February 17, 2009
2/17/09
I'm feeling rather under the weather right now, but thanks to Mr. Slautterback's 8:00 a.m. Movement Education class I'm fairly wide awake... all things considered. The first day in his class was close to my first day in Dance Fundamentals with Thom Cobb. Both classes required being comfotable moving in ways I'm not comfortable, in front of a class full of people I hardly know. However both professors are extremely laid back and show a lot of genuine concern for each of the their students. This made loosening up and participating in class to my fullest ability very easy, even on the first day of class. I'm glad I had those two professors for those classes. I feel that by taking theses classes I've gathered more knowledge and teaching tools for later in my career.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I completely agree with movement ed waking you up, even when you don't really want to. That class forces you to be comfortable from the start. It's great. Plus I can't wait for TC's dance class, especially now since you compared it to movement ed.
ReplyDeleteMovement ed was a really fun class. Mr. Slautterback might be one of the most energetic teachers in Slippery Rock. He makes everyone feel special and have self confidence. His type of energy is something I want when I become a teacher. Someone with that energy can get anyone to do anything. When times are rough, Slautterback will give you some Ol Dan Tucker, and you'll be back on your feet.
ReplyDelete